Sunday 17 August 2014

A lot can change in a year

Baby announcement as posted on Facebook 11/11/13

This morning I realised that it was about a year or so ago that Mr Man and I (unknowingly) conceived our third baby. And here we are, twelve weeks after our birth, navigating our way through breastfeeding, nappies and endless piles of washing. Along with parenting our pre teen son and first grader. 

Life sure has gotten busy.

But, I wouldn't change it for the world. The joy that Baby P has brought into our lives cannot be measured. Mr Man is smitten with his new baby girl. Hoges Junior has matured in ways we never thought possible. And Turbo, he provides the perfect entertainment to his baby sister when she is needing a feed and I just can't get there for a few minutes.

As for me, life's gotten busy, but it's also slowed down. I am enjoying the quiet and stillness that breastfeeding brings. There is nothing like a new baby to bring you right back into present time - it's mindful at it's best (at least during school hours. when Baby P is day napping I'm madly sweeping the floor or hanging out washing or catching up on social media).

I used to Blog, when Turbo was a wee babe. But as he grew up, I went back to work and then started my own massage business. Writing got left behind for a while, until I started up this blog here to compliment my massage practice. When I discovered I was pregnant with Baby P, I knew I would get back to Blogging...so here I am.

Nic Nurtures x


No comments:

Post a Comment