Wednesday 27 August 2014

The luxury of sleep


We have a baby in our house. Baby P, fourteen weeks old. Being our third baby, we knew what we were getting into. Sleep deprivation. Ask any parent of young children. They are tired and survive on copious cups of coffee.

Well, to our surprise, Baby P SLEEPS ALL NIGHT! And when I say all night, I mean all night. Ten hours. Solid. I don't know why or how this has happened. I haven't done anything different. She just started sleeping through from about 6 weeks of age. 

I keep waiting, expecting this to change. The two boys never slept all night as babies. In fact, they both from time to time still wake in the middle of the night. The youngest often creeps into the middle of our bed.
The trade off to Baby P good sleeping is that she doesn't want to sleep much during the day, unless it's in the pram or car or Ergo. 

But that's ok. 

Babies don't stay babies for very long. And I treasure the time I get with Baby P during the day when the boys are at school. 

I am grateful for all the sleep we are getting. 

Nic Nurtures x

No comments:

Post a Comment